HELP MEMBERS MANAGE ENERGY
through interactive tools, rebates, load control, and innovative rate options
IMPACT POWER RESOURCES
by incorporating more carbon-free energy sources, at local and regional levels
LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY ENGAGEMENT
by promoting the importance of electric co-ops and working toward the development of an organized market (regional transmission organization)
TRANSFORM THE ELECTRIC GRID
through advanced technology, strategic electrification, and expanded services
opportunities & challenges
PVREA has been actively working toward this goal for the past several years, and we believe we are now on the cusp of what’s possible.
- Provides the formation of proactive strategy and initiatives for PVREA and influencers to reach a long-term goal for a more carbon-free environment
- The increased sustainability of our environment
- Creates a potential to lower costs over the next decade
- More products, services, and options for electric consumers
- Increased engagement and creation of an atmosphere for conversation between energy providers, regulators, and legislators to produce a more comprehensive energy strategy for the state of Colorado
The 80 by 30 goal is very ambitious and will be a challenge to reach while ensuring PVREA’s focus on affordability and reliability. The following advancements must occur in the coming years to reach the 80 by 30 goal:
- An organized energy market must exist, with Tri-State G&T, the Co-op’s wholesale power supplier, and PVREA as active participants
- Battery storage technology must advance while costs continue to decline
- Transmission and distribution systems must be fully integrated
- Advancements must be made in grid management systems
- Improved distributed generation resource performance
- Active development and adoption of consumer energy management systems
80 by 30 - we can get there together.
Green Power Program
The easiest, most convenient way to invest in renewable energy.
Swap out old appliances, switch to LED lighting, save on heating and cooling, get an EV - and we'll help you with a rebate.
Energy Saving Tools
Energy efficiency starts with you, and we'll provide you with the tools and resources to get there.
On May 28, 2019 the Poudre Valley REA Board of Directors set a long-term goal for the environmental sustainability of the Cooperative’s supply of power to its members.
This action followed a strategic discussion involving the PVREA Board of Directors at the May 2019 Board Meeting.
We believe establishing a goal solidifies the path for the Cooperative to continue the momentum of becoming more carbon-free while maintaining affordable rates and reliable energy for our members.
PVREA recognizes with the current technology and market, this goal will be a challenge, but feasible through continued advancement in technology, development of an organized market (regional transmission organization) and partnerships.
The Co-op believes in taking care of our natural resources by working toward reducing our carbon footprint.
PVREA has been making advancements by incorporating renewable energy into the local grid for co-op consumers. The Co-op has long-term purchase power agreements with small, carbon-free generators: two hydroelectric generators, four large solar facilities, and three co-op community solar farms.
Tri-State G&T also recently announced additional projects, which will add more than 200 megawatts of carbon-free energy resources to their energy portfolio.
We will work towards meeting this goal without raising rates while maintaining the reliable and safe service our members have come to expect.
The goal will continue our focus of affordability and reliability – we will not work towards meeting 80 by 30 without those in alignment.
Continued enhancements in technology and an organized market (regional transmission organization) will be paramount in reaching our goal – we can impact both of these.
We intend to be at the table for the conversations regarding energy that will be taking place in the months and years to come.
We will get there together. Members can help by participating in energy efficiency efforts, aided by PVREA’s programs, and renewable energy programs.